Monday, July 31, 2006

Reflecting

Well, it has been awhile. Over the past week or so, I have been doing a lot of personal reflection. I finally decided to write again after a moment during my drive in to work today. As I drove on the highway, I looked into the cars on my left and right. Each person I saw had their own life. Each person had their own plan for the day. Each person had their own destination. Nearly 7 months ago, I was just like them. I guess what I am trying to say is that more than ever, I have learned that you cannot take anything for granted. And, all the small things we overlook on a daily basis are often the most important parts of our life. I never felt so excited just driving into work.

(Now, a quick health update. I have completed chemotherapy. I had a choice of 4 more chemo treatments or 17 radiation treatments. After further review and analysis, I choose the radiation treatments. Thus far, they have been short and easy. Each weekday morning, I stop at the radiologist oncolgist's office around 8 before heading into work. In addition, I had surgery to have my port removed last Friday.)

Coming soon... an update on the fundraiser results!



As you can tell, I have kind of gotten away from thinking about my situation too much over the past few months.

1 Comments:

Blogger tai said...

Hi, just came across your blog randomly. I've been in remission for going on five years and feel so lucky. I think about that time in my life all the time and how hard it was, but I feel I am stronger having gone through it and learning about myself.

Keep up the recovery! Best wishes.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home