Thursday, May 04, 2006

5th Treatment

This morning, I underwent my fifth chemotherapy treatment. I have to be honest- today was probably one of my most challenging treatments. For some reason, I just lacked my usual mental toughness.

The morning started out rough when the first blood draw out of my arm did not work. He started jabbing around a little. Sooner than later, I started to get light headed. Eventually, he inserted another needle in a different vein. This one worked. Still, I needed a cold glass of water and 5 minutes to regain my composure.

The visit with Dr. Moore went well. Everything looks fine- per his assessment. Once we get past the eighth treatment, the scans will be begin. The best case scenario involves the end of chemo and the beginning of radiation. With my luck, we will continue with chemo and possibly add radiation at the same time. Dr. Moore said there are differing opinions on the route to take with my diagnosis of Stage II-B. For now, I can only continue to pray that the chemotherapy is working. If more treatment is required, then we will carry on.

I was happy just to get finished with my treatment today. For some reason, the chemo room just seemed so depressing today. There was not much life to it. The guy I met, Alex, ended up getting seated a few seat away from me, so we did not get a chance to talk too much. As a result, I listened to some country tunes on my Ipod.

This evening, the boys played a great baseball game. We put on another offensive display winning 28-1. Last year, we only beat the same team 8-5. All in all, it was a relaxing game- something I cannot complain about on a chemo day.

Now, I just have to figure out how to pass time leading up to Sunday. Hopefully, the sores will not be as bad this time around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home