Monday, April 24, 2006

Sorry for the Delay!

I apologize. I did not realize it had been that long in between post again. I have been trying to post every 2 days at the worst. Anyways, during the past couple of days, I got through the worst of the effects during chemo. The sores were not as bad this time. All in all, I think the effects were less. This could be due to my body building up tolerance for the chemo. Or, it could be that I am becoming mentally stronger and able to tolerate more during the process.

Now... a recap of the latest events.

On Friday, I did not feel too well. I did not necessarily feel sick. Instead, I was dragging. My energy level was at a low. Throughout the course of the day, I remained in bed. A good friend of mine offered to take me to the opening night of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's Soul to Soul Tour. At first, I rejected the offer. However, after further thought, I decided to take it up. While I know that I need to be careful with my body, I also have come to another realization: you only live once. The concert was amazing. Even better, the seats were less than 20 feet from the stage.

On Saturday and Sunday, I coached baseball. We had two of the top teams travel from Michigan to play our team. While we did not get any victories, we played some great games. On Saturday, we lost 3-2 and 1-0. On Sunday, we lost 10-2 and 3-2. The 10-2 game was 2-2 through 5 innings, so it was much closer than the score looked. Anyways, the games were very competitive. As well as the boys hit earlier in the week, we did just as bad over the weekend. However, we faced some 12 year old pitchers who were bigger than me. One kid had to be 6'0, 180 lbs. All in all, I was happy with the performance of the boys. The teams we are playing from outside of Columbus are recruited teams. On the other hand, we are just a community team. Quite an accomplishment that we can compete with them.

Thankfully, I have started to go uphill again. I am regaining my energy level. Likewise, my mouth is returning back to normal. My only health complaint is non-cancer or chemo related. My allergies are starting to drive me crazy. When I started chemo, I stopped receiving my allergy shots and allergy meds. Because my cancer deals with the immune system, it makes many of the allergy treatments worthless. Anyways, my eyes have been burning over the past few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home