Thursday, March 30, 2006

Beautiful Day

Today, I felt great. Looking back, I would have to say this has been one of the best days since my first chemo treatment. My body felt normal. My energy level was up. It was just refreshing. On top of this great feeling, the weather was beautiful. I am not sure that it is possible to feel bad on a spring day like today.

Around 11:00, I left the house to runs some errands. Today was a perfect day for driving. I turned on some country music and put the windows down for a relaxing ride. First, I made a few stops for my mom. Then, I paid a visit to the ball diamonds. Even though we did not have practice today, I wanted to see the conditions of the field. I cannot wait for our first game next Wednesday.

After visiting the fields, I stopped by Jerome High School to get a look at their new baseball diamond and batting complex. I spent some time just walking around the area. For an onlooker, I am sure that I looked quite bizarre. But, for me, it was enjoyable just to get out of the house and enjoy the weather.

During the evening, I went out to eat with the guys from the lobbying firm. We have a group of guys in their low and mid twenties who stay close. They had been trying to get together with me for a little while now. Luckily, today worked out great.

Since shaving my head completely bald, my hair has started to grow back. A little strange, huh? Well, I figured it would definitely be gone by now. I guess I will monitor it over the next couple of days. By the weekend's end, I will likely shave it down again.

Finally, I received a box of goodies from my church. Inside the box, I found letters from young Bible study students. I want to share two of my favorites. First, one little boy wrote, "Chris, I hope you feel a lot better and you get well soon. Don't be scared because God loves you and will take care of you." Then, the best one had a big picture on the front and the little boy wrote, "Get soon well... I said that wrong."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home