Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Starting Uphill

Thankfully, I started my uphill swing today. It's an odd feeling. I almost feel like a ton of bricks have been lifted from my shoulders. Now, I have the worst part of the cycle behind me, and I can live a little bit more until next week.

My day started off on an interesting note. After my mom left for work, I let them dogs back into my room. In the process, I left the door to my bedroom open. As usual, they climbed on to my bed. Well, in the midst of my sleep, the dogs started growling. It wasn't a normal growl- it sounded more defensive. Since they woke me from my sleep, I was bit alarmed. My first instinct was that someone they did not know was walking up the stairs. Well, when I looked around the corner, I saw a group of cats. It turns out that my mom left the door to the garage open, and the cats got inside the house. I managed to pick up two cats and throw them out the front door. Meanwhile, Cody and Candy conveniently chased the other two cats from the upstairs through the family room and kitchen before finally ending in the garage.

Now that I think about it, my day was anticlimactic after waking up ... For the most part, I was making phone calls and sending emails regarding school board issues. Again, I ate carrots and dip along with pizza rolls. During the afternoon, I had an old high school friend visit. As always, it is nice to see folks. Then, I went to baseball practice from 6 to 8.

One final note. I was asked to serve as the Chairperson for the Dublin- Relay for Life. All proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society. What an honor. I was humbled by the request. I could have never imagined that I would be sitting here with cancer. But even more, I could have never imagined that I would be in a position to help the cause by serving as the chairperson. Like I said at the begining of this process, I feel that I am in this position for a reason. I am thankful for my opportunity on the school board and the platform it has given me to help others.

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time casting all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you.
1 Peter 5:6-7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home