Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sleep and Ice Chips

My mouth is killing me. The burning sensation is back and in full effect. Last time, I could not really see sores developing. Prior to starting my treatment, I was told by doctors, nurses, and cancer survivors that sores can develop as a side effect of the chemotherapy treatment. Well, this time, I can see at least a couple developing on my tongue. At this point, I do not really care to look further into my mouth to see more...

To stop the pain, I have primarily been doing two things. First, I try to sleep as much as possible, so I do not have to be awake for the pain. This seems to be the best solution. Then, when I am awake, I suck on ice chips. I have a prescription mouthwash, but every time I try to use it, the wash makes me gag. Needless to say, I am counting down the hours until the pain stops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home