Friday, March 17, 2006

Starting to Lose It

Originally, I planned to be recovering from my treatment today. Consequently, I did not have any plans. After waking up in the morning, I returned emails and phone calls regarding school board issues. I finished all my tasks, so that I would be able to watch the Ohio State game. Thankfully, the Bucks were able to pull it together in the second half for a win.

After the game, I went to a close friend of the family, Patty Frazier, to get my head shaved. The doctor said that by the third week I would start experiencing hair loss. Well, I am starting to lose it haha... When I run my hands across my head, I tend to have hair come off towards the middle and back. By this time next week, I imagine that I will be pretty thin. My hair is shaved down pretty low. If my hair starts to get spotty, I am just going to go Mr. Clean style. Also, the doctor said that I would likely lose my eye brows and eye lashes. I have not seen a noticeable loss, but I know that I am starting to lose some eye lashes. Over the past few days, my eyes continue to get irritated due to eye lashes fall inside.

Here is my humorous story of the day. I had my mom pick me up some shrimp temp roll sushi and edamame from a Japanese restaurant. Don't ask why, but I had a craving. In particular, edamame is great- they are like green beans steamed and covered with a little bit of salt. You suck the beans out of the vegetable. Anyways, I left a few pieces of the sushi incase my dad wanted to try some. If you know my dad, you know he isn't too exotic with his food. He definitely is not a sushi guy. So, I go up to my room. Fifteen minutes later, he comes upstairs with a red face asking me if I ever tried "this green stuff." Not knowing any better, he ate the entire ball of wasabi along with the ginger pieces. I could not stop laughing. He said it was the hottest thing he has ever eaten.

Finally, the players and parents of the Jerome Baseball teams put together a huge tub of goodies for me. This was not just any regular tub. I could probably fit into the tub myself. I could not be more thankful for the gift certificates, food, drinks, books, and more. Again, the outpouring of support is just amazing. I think I could fill the card section of a small drug store with all the cards and letters in my room.

I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:10-13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home