Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Making the Most

Well, I am two days out from my next round of chemotherapy. Thankfully, I am still feeling well. If the trend continues, I hope to only be tied down to my bed for one or two days after the chemotherapy. When I went into the last treatment, I was still dealing with the symptoms of Hodgkins. Now, I am heading into the treatment without the symptoms. I do not know if that will lesson the initial hardship this time around, but it will be interesting to analyze any differences.

Right now, I am trying my best to enjoy each "good" day. With the next treatment on the horizon, I have a sense of urgency to make the most out of the remaining days before my treatment. In a way, I feel like I am leaving to go somewhere on Thursday. There is an urgency- almost like packing before a trip. I am trying to complete any errands or tasks. I am trying to eat as much as possible.

Today, I used the afternoon to get myself out of the house.

First, I made a stop at the bookstore. Despite having a number of unread books, I felt the need to purchase a few more. To mix things up, I went the classics route. My purchases included All Quiet on the Western Front, Mere Christianity, and Black Like Me. As I continue to write blog entries, I am sure that I will draw bits and pieces from each book.

Next, I had a craving for a cheeseburger, so I went to Fudruckers. It was a random craving, and I had not been to Fudruckers in a number of years. Still, I ate the whole burger- which shows how much my appetite has improved since the beginning of the treatment. Once I finished eating, I stopped back at my house and picked up books, videos, and clothes.

Lastly, I met with two passionate representatives from the American Cancer Society. As we talked back and forth, I became even more motivated to make a difference. We discussed a number of items, but eventually, I outlined my three goals: spreading awareness, assisting with fundraising, and helping with issue advocacy. Now, we are going to work together, through a number of different avenues, to accomplish those goals. This will be an ongoing process, so I will keep you updated along the way. As a side note, I also received an email from a representative from the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society today. We are going to meet as well.

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we known that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
Romans 5:1-5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home