Saturday, March 04, 2006

Spoke to Soon

Well, I spoke a little bit too soon. The effects of chemo decided to wait an extra day before hitting me. Yesterday, I slept like I have never slept in my life. I was just knocked out. I imagine that I was awake no more than four and a half hours.

I struggled to do much of anything. My appetite was minimal. Even worse, I have started to get a sore throat. Before I started the treatments, the doctor and nurse mentioned that the chemo would effect my throat and tongue (these are some of the fastest growing cells in our body). During the morning, I managed to eat a bowl of cornflakes. In the evening, my mom made me a fruit smoothie. So much for staying above 160 lbs...

For now, I am going to go back to sleeping off the chemo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home