Thursday, February 23, 2006

Recovering

Today was a day for recovery. Like I mentioned earlier, the pain was not isolated to my chest. I also felt soreness in my shoulder and upper back. Around noon, my surgeon's nurse called to check-up on me. I asked why I was experiencing pain in several places. She noted that because I am skinny, the insertion of the port spreads my skin. As a result, the soreness can be felt beyond my chest.

Near 2:30, a producer from Channel 6 called about setting up an interview. I was not feeling at my highest level, but good enough to conduct an interview. Plus, Channel 6 put together a really nice story when I was sworn in as School Board President. Around 4:00, Crystal Davis, the reporter, and the camera man showed up at my parent's house. The interview went similar to last evening. Just a few minutes ago, Channel 6 aired the story on the 11 o'clock news. Once again, they did an excellent job.

Tomorrow morning, I have my appointment with Dr. Porcu from the James Cancer Hospital at The Ohio State University. He specializes in Hodgkin's Disease. Just for clarification, I will not need to go through all of the tests from the past two weeks again. I have signed over my records to the doctor. He will analyze my results and then give his recommendation for a treatment plan. By the end of tomorrow, we should have our final game plan for my treatment.

Thank you all again for your continual thoughts and prayers. I will be updating everyone tomorrow with the treatment plan.

Below, you will find links to the articles from the Dispatch and Dublin Villager.
Dispatch Article
Dublin Villager Article

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home