Thursday, March 02, 2006

Quite A Surprise

Well, I could not have predicted that I would feel better after a chemotherapy treatment. From my understanding, I should be feeling worse after a treatment. I am fortunate that my body has reacted so well. Like I mentioned yesterday, I received anti-nausea drugs prior to the start of the chemotherapy drugs. The anti-nausea drugs are suppose to last 3-5 days. I am sure this has aided the process.

Last night, I took one of the prescription pills before I went to bed. Going through this experience for the first time, I took the pill just incase I started experiencing side effects during the night. Fortunately, I did not need to take any pills today.

Since receiving the chemotherapy treatment, I have not had the chills or fevers. Typically, I get the chills at least once during the course of a day. I did not expect to see the Hodgkin's symptoms decrease this quickly. Last night, I did not even have night sweats. It will be interesting to monitor my symptoms during the coming days.

The doctor said that I would feel fatigued at times due to the chemotherapy. I know this fatigue will be a different sort of fatigue than that caused by the disease. But, fatigue is fatigue. The last month and a half of my life has been complete fatigue. At this point, I am willing to trade the symptoms of Hodgkin's for the fatigue of chemotherapy. I guess I just do not think that things can get any worse than the past month and a half.

During the course of the day, I did not really feel too sleepy. Trust me, I rested my body, but I did not find myself just randomly falling to sleep. When I tried to take a nap, I was able to quickly fall asleep. My appetite has been decent. I am trying to figure out a way to challenge myself to keep my weight up.


Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
You will revive me; You will stretch
our Your hand against the wrath
of my enemies, and Your right
hand will save me.
Psalm 138:7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home