Saturday, March 25, 2006

Bald and Burning

Well, it was bound to happen sooner than later. The burning feeling has taken over my mouth. It started to occur during the later part of the evening. There really isn't much I can do to stop the pain. More than anything, I just have to wait it out. I have a few methods to temporarily reduce the pain, but nothing long lasting. It even stings just drinking water.

After waking up this morning, I had Patty Frazier completely shave my head. I could care less about the appearance of my head. (Heck, I got bigger things to worry about than my hair.) I did not realize that a normal head of hair keeps your head warm. Obviously, my head gets cold with the winter weather. But, I could not have imagined that it would get cold just laying up against my pillows in bed. Warm weather cannot come soon enough.

When I got home from getting my head shaved, I got a surprise phone call from Sandy Hauge. She and her youngest son, Nate, stopped by the house with a "Takehomasak" from Steak n' Shake. Nate made it a "happy meal" by throwing-in a ITunes gift card. It will probably turn out to be my last whole meal for a day or so.

I went to baseball practice from 3:00-5:00. It provided a nice relief from my bed. Then, later in the evening, Kyle and Megan Lindberg, the future Mrs. Findley, paid me a surprise visit. (Kyle came back into town from Elon for a teaching interview.) Over the course of an hour or so, we caught up on my situation as well as their wedding plans. As a side note, Megan even baked me some cookies.

For now, I am back to sucking on ice chips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home