Thursday, April 27, 2006

"Media Darling"

Well, the past few days have been pretty busy with the Dublin lacrosse situation. I am not going to comment on the situation, but it has been disturbing. As the President of the Board, I often serve as our voice through the media.

Here was my Wednesday:
7:30 a.m.- WTVN Radio Interview
9:00- Dentist Appt
10:00- WBNS 10TV Interview
10:45- WCMH4 TV Interview
12:00- Lunch with Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Representatives
1:30- Columbus Dispatch Interview
2:30- WSYX 6 TV Interview
3:15- Dublin News Interview
3:30- Associated Press Interview

Quite the media day. One of my friends made a funny yet true comment. Since the start of this year, I probably have as much media coverage as any local public official with the exception of Columbus Mayor Mike Coleman. While true, I would say that the last two rounds of reports have not been under the best circumstances (my cancer diagnosis and this situation). By coincidence, the Columbus Monthly Magazine will be coming out next week with my detailed interview.

Besides school board stuff, I have had baseball the past couple of nights. On Wednesday, we won against an area team 6-3. Tonight, we lost to the Columbus Sharks 6-2. We are one of two teams they are playing from Columbus this year at our age level. The other teams just are not competitive with them. Like our team, they are playing in this Midwest Super League. However, they have won every game in the league. All in all, we played a great game. We had several chances to score, but we did not capitalize. The boys may not have realized it, but we actually outhit the Sharks 9-8. Anyways, it was a great confidence booster. Usually, the Sharks beat their opponents by 10 plus runs.

As a side note, I had parents from the other team's come up to me after the game both nights. It is another sight to see grown men (some that I do not even know) tear up when talking to me about the situation. The thoughts and prayers are going a long way.

Well, I am off to bed. Rest assured, I am doing well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home