Sunday, April 30, 2006

The End of the Weekend

All in all, it was a relaxing weekend. The weather was great for the most part. And, as always, we got in some baseball!

On Friday, I traveled into the office of our political affairs firm, Strategic Public Partners. While I have visited the Ohio Republican Party several times since being diagnosed, I had not visited SPP. Just as a quick background note- when I am not working on a campaign, I am employed at SPP. Anyways, the visit gave me a chance to catch up with all the guys at the office. Even more, my friend that was serving in Iraq has now come back to Ohio. He started up at the firm a week ago, so it was my first chance to sit down and catch up with him. Not too bad of a day.

On Saturday, I went to Cory's baseball games at Jerome. It actually turned out to be the dedication for the new Jerome baseball field, so between games, I was introduced around home plate as a part of the "notable guests." To me, this was funny. When you start to become a "notable guest," you just have to laugh- at least that is what Cory and all of his friends did haha

After watching Cory's first game, I went to coach two games. The boys played very well. We played our arch rival. The first game was close with a 3-1 score. However, we came on strong and won the second game 15-3. Once the game was finished, we met up with Cory and my mom at Tumbleweed for a nice steak dinner.

Today, we won another tough game. The game was against one of the better teams from around the area. We jumped on the other team early and never looked back as we won 8-5. After the game, I met up with my Uncle Mike and cousin Danielle at the Macaroni Grill. Since being diagnosed, we have not been able to meet up. (This uncle is one of my dad's brothers.) Thankfully, we were able to make things work. Ever since I was little, I have been very close with my Uncle Mike. He was the only one of my dad's brothers to also live in Columbus.

This evening, I started looking over my calendar. Like I have mentioned to people, I am undergoing four cycles of chemo. This past treatment was the completion of two cycles. For some reason, I had my chemo treatments going through the first week of July. Upon further look, I am about a month out until I get scanned again! Only a month and a half! This means that I could be done with my chemo treatments during the middle of June! I do not want to get ahead of myself, but talk about a great feeling. This process will continue to be long with radiation treatments and follow up visits, but I guess this is the first time I have started to see a light at the end of the tunnel. What a feeling.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Hey Chris,
I'm not sure if you remember me (hope you do!), but it's Emily from OCRF. I hope you're doing better...I've been praying for you ever since I heard.
I've really enjoyed reading your blog--a lot of it is similar to my experiences with my transplant and everything, including port access and infusions. We can say we belong to an elite club of 20somethings with ports... :) But seriously, it's good to read that you're doing well. Even though I didn't have cancer, I've definitely experienced a lot of fun medical stuff, so I can relate.

Hope everything continues to go well! Branden and I are praying for you.

Emily

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home