Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I Am Back

Alright, I have been thinking about why I have not written lately. After much thought, I am still not sure of a sound reason. More than anything, I think that writing makes me think about my situation. I am getting to the point where I just want to live a normal life. The more I have been able to get out, the more I am able to feel normal again. All in all, I know that it is kind of selfish.

I have come to learn that so many people read this blog. Some people are close to me. Some people are not. No matter the person, it seems that so many are genuinely concerned about my well being. I cannot thank everyone enough for their continual thoughts and prayers. I will try my best to stay on top of things from here forward.

Here is a quick update...

First, baseball has been up and down as of late. Like I mentioned earlier, I do not care as much about the wins and losses as I do about the continual improvement of the boys. As of late, we have hit a plateau. It has been disappointing, but we had a team talk, and I think we are headed in an upward direction.

Second, the golf/dinner charity event seems to be going well. People are starting to sign up to either attend or serve as sponsors. Please be sure to spread the word about the event. Outside of the golf event, Ryan Prestel has also started a goal meter to measure contributions from individuals. If you are interested in contributing, the site is http://www.active.com/donate/ktfgolf.

Third, Memorial Day is one of my favorite holidays. I cannot begin to express my gratitude for all the troops who have served our country. One of the biggest honors in my life was being selected to lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown soldier in Arlington Cemetery during our 8th grade trip to D.C. No matter if you agree or disagree with going into war, our troops deserve our love, respect, and admiration. This past week, I was sent a great link to one of the most "memorable plays in baseball" that combines patriotism and the game. Please take the time to watch the video here:

Finally, I receive my 7th of hopefully 8 chemo treatments tomorrow. During the third week of June, I will undergo tests again to check my progress. I just want to finish the chemo. I cannot wait to return back to a normal life. You know all those small things people complain about like getting up early for work, mowing the lawn, exercising, etc? Well, I would give a lot of money right now to be able to do those without question.

My faith continues to remain strong. I would be lieing if I said that this does not continue to challenge me on a daily basis. While I do not always understand the reason I am in this situation, I am confident that God is with me all the time.

And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up.
James 5:15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home