Saturday, May 13, 2006

Ohio Weather

Before this weekend, we have had uncharacteristic weather in Ohio. All of those sunny days finally caught up with us. As you can imagine, this has taken a toll on the baseball schedule. Originally, we were suppose to play a tournament in Marysville this weekend. However, all the games for the weekend were cancelled today. We went from a busy weekend of baseball to nothing.

As a result, we practiced indoors at Jerome High School today. For the first hour and a half, we went through a structured practice. However, with a half an hour left, we played a live game with a tennis ball. However, the bases were shortened and players were only allowed to power walk after they hit the ball. I let the boys pick their teams. At the end, I joined one team, and I put Cory (my younger brother) on the other team. For that thirty minutes, I felt like a twelve year old again. I played along with the boys in the field and participated as a batter on offense. When it was all said and done, I was exhausted. Again, I am just amazed at my lack of energy and stamina. Just a little work out had me drained!

Last evening, I held voluntary indoor batting practice for some of the boys. Whenever I am feeling well, I try to maximize my time. Because my time is often limited, I try to make the most out of the high points in my cycle. Using hour-long slots, I worked with a couple boys an hour from 4:30-7:30. After finishing up, I ended up going to see Mission Impossible III with a couple of my players and a father from the team. Because my evenings are usually uneventful, this provided a nice spin for the night.

The twists and turns of life are funny. This time, a little less than four years ago, I was approaching my high school graduation. Now, many of my former classmates are moving on as they graduate college. To be honest, I am not really caught up on the fact that they are "passing me." It is just an odd feeling see to friends graduating and watch, versus being a part of the process. I know that my time will come, but this is not something that I was expecting.

For now, I am back to my bed with the dogs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home