Thursday, June 01, 2006

Aftermath of 7th Treatment

Well, I am hanging in there after my seventh treatment. Since my first couple of treatments, I have not been experiencing the mouth sores. However, I still get a "cotton mouth" during the days following my treatments. Fatigue still plays a factor. Lately, the two most annoying by-products of the chemo are burning eyes and stomach pains.

During my visit on Wednesday, I met with my Doctor. Originally, I thought we were going to decide about further treatments after my scans (which will occur during the 3rd week of June). However, he told me that regardless of the outcome of my scans, I will be receiving at least four more treatments. I guess I knew this was possible, but I did not think it was for certain. Needless to say, I was not particuarly excited to hear the plans. As you can tell from my previous post, I just want to get back to normal. Now, I have at least three more months.

In the midst of this news, I needed a pick me-up. I would have to say that hearing that news was probably the lowest point I have had since being diagnosed. Well, my mom gave me the mail this evening. As I was sifting through the difference letters, I almost through out an envelope from the OSU Alumni Council. I figured it was just a letter from the OSU Alumni Council asking for money. For some reason, I decided to open the envelope. As I began to read the letter, I noticed it was personalized. The text read as follows:
Dear Chris:

I just finished reading your profile piece that appeared in the May issue of Columbus Monthly. You are an amazing person, and you can add me to your list of supporters. I admire your stamina, focus, and dedication to the issues you hold dear. Having faith and a loyal group of supporters to rely on are indeed fundamental to a happy and productive life, and you are blessed to have both.

I encourage you to remain strong, and I look forward to hearing of your return to Ohio State when the time is right for you. You have my very best wishes for all that you put your heart and mind to. God bless you.

Sincerely,
Archie Griffin
President/CEO

Call me crazy, but this felt like some divine intervention. As I try to sort through my thoughts right now, I needed that extra boost. Thank you again for all of your thoughts and prayers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pilgrim said...

Wow. Archie Griffin.
Yes, I'd think God had a hand in that, too--including the timing.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home