Tuesday, June 20, 2006

First Results Back

Well, we have the official results back from my first chest scan. Keep in mind, this was the first time I was scanned since February. When we arrived at the radiology office, I already had my stuff not ready- not out of anticipation, but out of custom of doing it so many times. The lady laughed and said "so, you've done this before?" Anyways, fortunately this test did not involve drinking that milky, chalkish solution. They simply hooked up an IV and shot some solution into my body. I have had this scan a couple of times now.

Let me give you a summarization of the radiologist's report: There has been significant decrease in size of enlarged lymph nodes since the prior exam. The February scan showed particular lymph node measurements of 3.7 cm- now, the measurements were 1.8 and 1.9 cm. Another set of lymph nodes went from 2 cm to 1.3 and 1.2. Lastly, there appears to be no new growth in other areas. The lungs are clear. The abdomen is clear. My neck is clear. He sums up the report with this statement: "marked improvement in adenopathy since the prior exam of 2/08/06."

Tomorrow, I have another scan that analyzes all the way down to the cell level. I hope to get those results soon as well. I will try my best to update you!

Obviously, I feel blessed to have such positive results. However, I guess it is not the sort of reaction that one might expect. I have not become numb to the situation, but I have developed a certain mindset through all of these trials. I guess I know that there is still a long road ahead of me. Hopefully, the end is much closer than months past!

One of the parents from the baseball team was able to capture my mind set. His sister battled cancer and eventually passed. However, during the process, he noted that his sister's attitude was this: "Just let me know the facts and God and I will deal with them." I do not think I could have said it any better.

Thank you again for all of your thoughts and prayers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ougrad said...

Chris - how encouraging! You are in my prayers

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home