Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Feeling Better

Well, I have been feeling a little better over the past couple days. Like I have mentioned, the symptoms come and go randomly. I had the chills, but I did not go into a fever last night. It is all about the small things.

I am still struggling with my sleeping. I woke up around 4:04 this morning. On the bright side, I did not go through any night sweats up til this point in the evening. After about 45 minutes, I was able to start sleeping again. This time around I was not as lucky- when I woke up around nine, the night sweats had gotten me. Such a bizarre feeling...

I have been overwhelmed by the amount of phone calls, emails, notes, gifts, visits, etc. I do not want to isolate specific people for fear of not seeming thankful to everyone. But, I had a few extraordinary things happen to me yesterday.

First, during the middle of the afternoon, I had a bunch of food delivered from close friends of the family. I must say that I have not had this much home-cooked food in a long time.

Next, one of the mother's from the baseball team sent me a basket full of goodies from the Sugar Tin. I was touched, not by the actual gifts, but by the mere thought of her taking the time to send me something.

Third, one of my bosses from the lobbying firm and my roommate paid me a visit during the evening. It was nice to see some farmiliar faces. My roommate brought me a bunch of my clothes. I cannot tell you how important comfortable clothing can be when you are laying around all day. Even more, a bunch of the political guys chipped-in and got me a Nano Ipod as well as a gift certificate to purchase songs or audio books. I am going to spend a greater part of today trying to figure this thing out.

Lastly, I received an email this morning from one of my former players from Olentangy. I have coached him during the fall baseball season over the past couple of years. I was amazed that someone so young could say such inspiring stuff. He sent me some scripture that I am going to finish this posting with...

Psalms 30:2 O lord my god, I called to you for help and you healed me.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.

Jeremiah 33:6 Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and let them enjoy abundant peace and security.

God Bless,
CV

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

That Isaiah quote is from one of my favorite scripture passages. When I was waiting for my transplant I would read the whole thing out loud, and I couldn't get through it all, sometimes. But it made me feel so much better to know that God's son endured suffering, too.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home