Saturday, February 11, 2006

Starting my blog

Over the past few days, I realized that I am going to need to update a large amount of people on my health. I am not sure that I will always be able to do that through a phone call or email, so I figured I would create this blog as a central source of information.

Right now, I am playing the waiting game. I know I have Hodgkin's disease- I just do not know the stage. I have a Dr.'s appt on Monday with one of the best oncologist at Grant. In addition, we are looking at getting at second and third opinions. It seems likely that I will end up at the OSU's James Cancer Hospital for a visit. I am thankful for all the help and connections that are being provided for me.

The incision on my neck from the biopsy isn't that sore anymore. Still, it can be uncomfortable as I move in my sleep. O well, I get to take a shower today- something I was not allowed to do yesterday. Naturally, you start to smell over a day, but its even worse for me. I continue to have cold sweats at night. Needless to say, this doesn't help my body odor.

My uncle came down from Canton to visit last evening. He is pretty high up in the medical community. It was nice of him to drive down to Columbus. Besides talking with me about the road ahead, he left me a few books- notably, Lance Armstrong books. As I adjust to being less active, I am sure that my reading will pick up quite a bit.

Well, I am going to go back to relaxing and watching T.V. My dog's are keeping me company on my bed. I think they are getting a bit impatient with me focusing on the computer.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

God Bless,
CV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home