Sunday, February 12, 2006

Good Days and Bad Days

It is important to understand the symptoms that are associated with Hodgkin's Disease. Initially, I thought I just had the flu. For the first few days, I went through the chills and fevers. Then, the symptoms started to go away. However, soon enough, the symptoms were randomley reoccuring again. The symptoms were even more odd due to the fact that they typically occured during the evening. On top of chills and fevers, I have had a loss of appetite, drenching night sweats, and itching all over my body.

Even after my biopsy, there is not a whole lot that can be done to stop these different symptoms until I start going through treatment. As a result, I am pretty much at the mercy of my body and the disease. Some days are good. Some days are bad. Today, I have had a terrible day. I have had chills and a mild fever for the greater part of the afternoon and evening. In addition, my appetite has been pretty small today.

Right now, I am typically sleeping for 4-5 hours at a time. I am not sure if this is just due to the disease or anxiety. Regardless, I am sitting here wishing that I could sleep the pain away.

God Bless,
CV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home